International VAT advisory opportunity
A multinational Energy & Resources group with major operations run through its Geneva office. Seeking to bring on board a new Indirect Tax specialist, the role will focus predominately on transactional advisory support, with some time spent reviewing compliance and improving systems. Partnering closely with the commercial arm, finance group and wider tax team, this role is suited to a driven and collaborative tax advisor. This is and ideal opportunity for candidates advising on EMEA cross-border movement of goods. Relocation support will be offered for a successful international candidate.
* Indirect Tax transaction support for day-to-day business activities covering the full range of Indirect Taxes across the group's international operations.
* Assist in developing ideas, providing input and analysis to various VAT savings and mitigation initiatives that support the wider commercial purpose of the group.
* Ensure accurate VAT compliance, supporting financial control and operational teams with technical expertise.
* Contribute ideas to the VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the wider group.
* Liaise with external advisors and tax authorities where required.
* Develop and support practical implementation and follow up of tax projects.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* Excellent client facing and relationship building skills, coupled with commercial awareness.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
* Prior expeirence in EU/EMEA VAT advisory role.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +44 7557 231 550