Our client is a leading global energy business headquartered in Geneva. They are looking for a Tax Manager to join their well established finance team based in Bristol. It is an all-encompassing in-house Manager position that will see you take ownership of the Tax operations for the UK arm of the business. The role has a strong indirect tax slant but also includes elements of corporation tax. The role is a mix of compliance and advisory and also comes with line management responsibility.
It would be an excellent role for a Manager coming out of the Big 4, or someone who made an in-house move earlier in their career and is looking to make a step up. There is no requirement for you to have worked with another energy business.
* Provide full scope Tax management of the UK business
* Advice the UK business and internal stakeholders on all indirect and direct tax matters
* Take responsibility for the submission of all UK tax returns, working with the Tax Assistant
* Assist with the development of tax processes and procedures
* Manager the UK relationship with HMRC and external auditors
* 5-8 years relevant Tax experience
* Professional accountancy and/or tax qualification
* Willingness to manage a team
* Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative and positive approach
* Knowledge of cross border commodity supply chains would be a nice to have but not a must