The Consultant, Tax Technology (“Consultant”) provides tax automation services to Fortune 1000 clients by performing detail requirements analysis, process design, configuration, installation, and implementation of tax automation business and system processes for enterprise applications; as well as works with a team to identify tax savings opportunities for clients and to gain an understanding of how the client computes each component of the sales and use tax. This includes researching issues, reconciling databases, and completing detailed calculations.
Tax Technology Consultant (“Consultant”) provides tax automation and transformation services to Multi-National clients. The Consultant is responsible for creating positive team member experiences which lead to excellent client services and drive revenue and profit for the firm.
Typical projects might include detailed requirements analysis, vendor selection, process and control design, the configuration, installation, and implementation/ deployment of automated systems, processes and controls, improvements in data quality and consistency for clients and broader activities to deliver transformation across a range of tax processes.
The Consultant's primary role is to assist in the delivery of tax transformation projects, whether they involve better use of existing systems (e.g. ERP or consolidation tools), implementation of 3rd party solutions (e.g. tax engines), leverage of other systems (e.g. RPA (Robotics Process Automation), machine learning, data analytics/visualization solutions), the development of bespoke solutions or the provision of managed services, and to advise clients generally in respect of tax transformations and technology strategy.
The ideal candidate will have analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with strong people skills. The successful candidate will be effective in researching issues, designing and building innovative solutions, deploying them to clients and completing end-to-end testing of these solutions.
Successful Ryan team members embrace and live Ryan’s values of Pursue Excellence, Wired to Win, Generosity Matters, Build Trust and Integrity Always and will embody and demonstrate accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyses existing business and system processes and provides recommendations regarding the implementation of tax automation solutions and tax transformation opportunities in general.
- Develops new process designs for processes across the widest possible range of tax processes and controls.
- Determines and documents business and system processes performed for a wide range of tax processes and controls, and works with clients to help review, define, and document existing tax processes.
- Designs, installs and configures software solutions to drive tax transformations, implements automation software across the widest possible range of tax processes and controls, and assists with day-to-day project management duties.
- Comfortable interacting and working with client resources across a wide range of departments, often including IT and Finance as well as Tax.
- Involvement with business development initiatives from time to time.
- Comfortable challenging the ‘status quo’ and confident being part of discussions to change or improve processes, controls, systems and/or data without simply accepting ‘as is’.
- Creates, executes, and documents testing scenarios.
- Assists with the creation of client deliverable documentation, including creating, composing, and editing written materials.
- Assists with the data gathering, extraction, and analysis of client data.
- Assists team in client data acquisition to support the tax technology services on a required basis.
- Travels to client locations to gather data, tax returns, invoices, purchase orders, and other documentation as necessary for use in the tax technology deployment process.
- Reviews documentation and researches issues.
- Works with raw data to complete calculations.
- Uses computerised spreadsheets, relational databases, word processing software, and computer programming software.
- Processes computer data to format and generate reports.
- Assists Managers with the provision of Tax Technology consulting and advisory services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Creates a positive team experience
- Encourages and supports junior members of staff
Responds to client enquiries and requests from the other organisations as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree ideally in Accounting and Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Technology and Management, or Finance and accreditation for a finance/accounting module, or other relevant or applicable qualification.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Office applications, Outlook, Internet navigation and research.
- Experience of using business automation software, such as common data analytics/visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI or similar) & RPA (e.g. Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, Alteryx), and data analysis languages such as Python or R and database languages such as SQL would be useful but not necessary.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license is preferred.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 15 Kg.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external vendors as necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: 30 to 40%.
- 40+ hour standard workweek requirement.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran