*** Starting Salary of £52,077 ***
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
It's an exciting time to join HMRC, an organisation that probably doesn’t work how you’d envision a government department would. We are one of the largest Government Departments and one of the UK’s biggest organisations. Almost every individual and business in the UK is a direct customer of HMRC.
Internal Audit is integral to our operation; working with every area of the Department providing assurance on governance, risk management and controls. As well as undertaking risk-based and compliance type audit work, we are actively brought in early to help the business design controls into new products and processes. HMRC is committed to becoming a ‘data driven organisation’ and undergoing the biggest digital transformation in government with some of the biggest and most exciting digital projects in Europe.
We are looking to recruit hardworking individuals who are keen to improve public services. We need people who can bring practicality, pragmatism and customer focus to the technical elements of the review process. You need to be a strong influencer, a good communicator and be able to move easily between great teammate and a great team leader as the situation requires. If you are ready for a change and have an appetite for the breadth of work this role offers, we can help you build an outstanding career in internal audit and wider HMRC/Government. This role will provide you with work that is meaningful, exciting and probably the most multifaceted in government. This is an opportunity that will no doubt stand out on any CV.
You will be supported by a team of outstandingly experienced and respected colleagues who will share their knowledge and promote your development. We will also value and learn from the experience you can bring to this organisation. We know flexibility and work-life balance is important, so we offer flexitime to our people, along with the choice of working from home at least two days per week.
The Audit Manager role manages the delivery of a portfolio of audits within the HMRC Internal Audit team.
• Supporting the Director of Internal Audit and the Internal Audit Senior Leadership Team in providing HMRC and Valuations Office Agency Chief Executives with advice and assurance on the overall adequacy and efficiency of their respective frameworks of governance, risk management and control;
• Development and delivery of effective customer relationships with senior managers within an allocated portfolio via structured customer account management;
• Delivery of assigned audit reviews together with appropriate follow-up actions assuring time and quality standards;
• Leading and managing a team of auditors.
• Motivating your team members to deliver an excellent audit service
• Working with other assurance providers and where vital delivering integrated reporting;
• Undertaking more complex assignments under direction from the Head of Audit;
• Deputising for senior managers where appropriate.
• A qualified Chartered Internal Auditor (CMIIA and CIA) or qualified Accountant (CCAB/CIMA) with a completed logbook, who has relevant post qualification experience (criteria listed below).
• Excellent communicator through both written and verbal means, holding the ability to develop and deliver effective customer relationships with senior managers via structured customer account management.
• A proactive, independent thinker who can confidently express their views, look across work and understand when to take audit findings and apply them more widely across the organisation.
• Experience of leading, developing and motivating a team to deliver a high-quality service;
• An effective decision maker, actively supervising audit deliverables to ensure a high-quality service, delivered to agreed time quality and resource constraints;
• Has knowledge and experience of planning, managing and delivering of audit reviews within a large organisation;
• Demonstrable resilience and tact in the face of complicated circumstances.
• Use of data analytics tools.
• Assurance of large transformation programmes and/or projects.
• A transferable non-audit professional qualification.
A qualified Chartered Internal Auditor (CMIIA/CIA) or qualified Accountant (CCAB/CIMA), who has relevant post qualification experience
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension