AVASK Accounting and Business Consultants Ltd is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in International VAT, tax and accounting for e-commerce businesses which are located both internationally and in the UK.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
We are currently recruiting for Indirect Tax Consultants to hold a portfolio clients whereby VAT & ecommerce consultancy is given to provide clients with a comprehensive range of advice – from providing practical guidance on VAT regulations and changes, cross-border transactions, and making sure that they are fully compliant with VAT law.
We are currently recruiting for applicants that are Business proficient/fluent in one (or more) of the following languages:
- To provide VAT Consultancy and business advice, of the highest standard continuously to your client portfolio.
- Calculating and filing European VAT returns in a detailed and timely manner, ensuring the highest accuracy is maintained.
- Advising clients of their VAT liabilities, which tax office to make payments to, reminding clients proactively in terms of outstanding returns and ensuring that European filings, EC Sales, and Intrastat reporting are in place where or if required.
- Communicating with the tax offices regarding your clients’ accounts and obligations.
- Completing VAT audits / investigations with the tax offices in relation to your client portfolio.
- Managing client’s accounts in co-ordination with the Credit Control Department.
- Remaining consistently up to date with VAT law and any changes in VAT legislation.
- Providing great customer service to build trust, rapport, and a strong relationship with your portfolio.
- Represent the company at events/webinars in a professional manner.
- Training, supporting, and developing new members of the team.
- Collaborate with the team in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Actively connecting with Managers and Directors to suggest any contributions to improve procedures.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience working in Law/VAT/Accountancy/Finance
- Confident and with excellent communication skills for client interaction and engagement (Email, Phone, and face to face (ad hoc)).
- Works well in a team as well as independently.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Organised and proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent multi-tasking ability.
- Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- AAT/ATT or Degree in Accountancy or Law.
- The successful candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and must be willing to relocate to Southampton if not currently living in the local or surrounding areas.
What you’ll get in return:
- Performance based compensation
- A collaborative culture of continuous learning to aid progression.
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Wellness days
- Birthday off after one year length of service
- Creative spacious offices with breakout areas and subsidised canteen