ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of this role is to support business effectiveness and sustainability by managing tax obligations through establishing frameworks for tax compliance and coordinating with external advisors and various tax revenue authorities.
The group tax team is responsible for a variety of taxes in each jurisdiction in which the group operates. This role will be aligned to those objectives and will be varied in nature with a balance of compliance and consulting work.
* Ensure compliance with all its tax obligations across all regions;
* Prepare/review direct and indirect tax returns for a portfolio of entities in an accurate and timely manner;
* Prepare tax related financial report disclosures and deal with external auditors' queries;
* Take ownership of key tax deliverables in terms of process management, controls and proactive development of processes as considered necessary
* Provide support to local tax audit
* Tax advisory support on transactions / projects where required
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality;
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Broad UK tax experience;
* Experience in preparing UK tax returns;
* Experience in preparing all necessary tax financial disclosures;
* Exceptional communications skills, verbal and written.
* Finance services experience;
* Exposure to indirect taxes;
* Exposure to transfer pricing;
* Experience in dealing with international tax matters.