A new advisory player on the UK market is sourcing for a CTA/ACA Indirect Tax Senior Manager to join its small but fast growing Tax group.
Your role will be two fold:
1. Advice on restructuring transactions, and
2. Providing input where we have formal insolvency appointments.
• The first is essentially purely transactional – review of proposals, working with lawyers / creditors / sponsors / company to understand what the problem is in a group and work out what it going to make things better (eg non-core asset / business sales, transfer of group to creditors, refinancing, agreements with creditors etc etc)
• The second is where the team become the in-house tax team (but with a difference!) for a insolvent group. There is a responsibility to all creditors and we need to bring the tax affairs of the business up to date. In order to drive value we are likely to be trading a business and planning for a sale transaction and both of those things will involve indirect tax advice.
• In that second case, yes there is an element of VAT compliance but this is completed by the financial advisory team (or the company’s own finance team if they are retained during the insolvency) to prepare the VAT returns and we gives input on complex aspects and reviews them before they are submitted
This team and your role will be at the forefront of helping distressed business navigate out of Covid and therefore you will access some exceptionally interesting restructuring projects. Having worked with this space before is not a prerequistie but being an mentailly agile Indirect Tax specialist who is looking for a change is essential.