The Covid-19 pandemic has made many of us rethink our priorities and what we want from life. Have you been considering a relocation, but haven’t determined where’s best suited to your needs as yet? If so, check out the Isle of Man https://www.locate.im/.
For families, there are fantastic schools with lower class sizes, a great community vibe and low crime rate. The Isle of Man is a beautiful island with so much to offer – an increasingly multi-cultural society, modern amenities, stunning scenery, lots of watersports and virtually no commute! Tax rates are more favourable, there is an amazing work life balance and, being an FS dominated island, IoM employers tend to pay higher pension rates than the average mainland employer. There’s lots to recommend it.
This leading Douglas based Finance Sector employer is currently enjoying sustained growth through organic and acquisitive channels. As they expand their Technical Services Team, they require an experienced Tax & Trust Specialist.
• Provide support to group Staff, Sales Teams and distributors on general estate/succession planning and tax related queries
• Undertake research for sales to help secure new business and retain existing business
• Deliver training courses to the appropriate areas of the Group to address technical training needs
• Maintain a detailed awareness of regulatory, fiscal and any other matters of a competitive nature that would have an impact of the effectiveness of the Group and/or its products
• Product development
The role is very varied and would suit someone who has obtained or is working towards the CII Diploma in Financial Planning or STEP Diploma in International Trust Management (other professional qualifications will be considered).
To be successful in your application you will have:
• Knowledge of the IOM Life Sector Products/Investment Platforms
• Able to demonstrate a good understanding of at least three of the following five areas: a) IOM Life Industry Products and or Investment Platforms, b) UK Inheritance Tax, c) UK Chargeable Events, d) The uses of Trusts, e) Features of UK Pension schemes
• Knowledge around the UK tax treatment of IOM Life Sector products would be an advantage (training will be provided)
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please contact Sharon Furbank at firstname.lastname@example.org