The Covid-19 pandemic has made many of us rethink our priorities and what we want from life. Have you been considering a relocation, but haven’t determined where’s best suited to your needs as yet? If so, check out the Isle of Man https://www.locate.im/.
For families, there are fantastic schools with lower class sizes, a great community vibe and low crime rate. The Isle of Man is a beautiful island with so much to offer – an increasingly multi-cultural society, modern amenities, stunning scenery, lots of watersports and virtually no commute! Tax rates are more favourable, there is an amazing work life balance and, being an FS dominated island, IoM employers tend to pay higher pension rates than the average mainland employer. There’s lots to recommend it.
This Douglas based practice firm is seeking an experienced Tax Supervisor to join a busy, established team of audit and CSP professionals. As Tax Supervisor you will execute delegated work to a high professional standard in an attempt to enhance productivity and efficiency to ensure client satisfaction and to optimise personal development.
• Prepare Manx & UK tax computations and tax returns for companies, trusts and individuals
• Review computations and returns prepared by more junior staff
• Prepare and assist with tax advisory reports and queries
• Be responsible for the maintenance of the TRS return control database and all TRS filings
• Assist with the maintenance of relevant income and gains pools for trusts
• Write to clients with details of tax liabilities and payment dates
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Tax Systems Manual
• Assist with queries from corporate, trust and accounts teams
• Maintenance the 10 year anniversary database
• Mentor more junior staff
• Raise invoices quarterly or when work is finished, as appropriate
• Prepare and send mailshots of relevant tax issues to clients and non-clients on a timely basis
• Correspond with the Tax Office and/or HMRC or other advisors regarding queries
• Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA) with IOM & UK Tax experience within Corporate & Trust environment, ideally. Prior knowledge of Manx tax is not a prerequisite as training will be given.
• Read appropriate sections of Tax technical publications
• Ability to obtain relevant background information when tackling new areas of work
• Build up tax knowledge by attending relevant courses and keep abreast of changes in UK and IOM tax regimes
• Apply technical and personal skills covered on training courses to assignments
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please contact Sharon Furbank at email@example.com