A leading Lloyd’s syndicate is currently seeking a Tax Manager to join their in-house team. This is a newly created position, arising due to continuous growth over the past 5 years, reporting directly into the Head of Tax.
With broad responsibilities and exposure to senior management, this role would make an impressive first step into industry, or move from a financial services group.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of corporate tax returns; forecasting UK taxable profits for quarterly tax payments.
- Advise on the UK corporate tax position, assisting with the ongoing assessment and adjustment to current tax strategy.
- Liaise closely with HMRC and external advisors.
- Ownership of the quarterly VAT compliance process, ensuring returns are prepared and submitted whilst liaising closely with HMRC. Occasionally answering queries from group on VAT
- Advising on tax implications to group, working with the Head of Tax and senior management on a variety of projects
- Ad hoc assistance with other tax matters.
- ACA/CTA qualified with proven UK corporate tax experience ideally within the insurance sector
- Good knowledge of VAT and partial exception
- Experience of the Lloyd’s market in an accounting or tax capacity
- Excellent at establishing and maintaining relationships