EMEA VAT advisory role with a US listed multinational.
Our client is an international group with significant EMEA operations. Due to recent changes in the organisational structure, our client is currently looking to hire an experienced VAT specialist to manage EMEA VAT obligations across a sizeable business unit. Reporting to the Indirect Tax Director, the role will involve a mixture of operational and technical advisory tasks. This is an ideal role for strong operational candidates who enjoy organisational change, role variety and international exposure.
* Advise business units on VAT issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all commercial and corporate operations.
* Conduct risk and control analysis for indirect tax processes and identify areas where controls can be enhanced.
* Contribute ideas to the VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the wider group.
* Support internal and external audits.
* Act as a point of contact for tax authorities, dealing with queries.
* Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required.
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Previous pan-European VAT experience is beneficial.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion