Pure Search are partnering with a leading asset management firm who are recruiting a Product Tax Manager to be part of the London Group Tax Team.
The successful candidate will provide assistance in managing a wide range of operational tax issues relating to the business, and advising the business on tax matters affecting the client population and product ranges. In particular, the candidate will be required to work with the rest of the Product Tax team to:
* Provide a point of contact for tax technical questions arising within the business concerning the product range.
* Work with the business to understand tax changes and their impact.
* Help to implement and monitor the working model for management of operational taxes within the global business.
* Form good working relationships with other teams and offices and provide technical support.
* Stay abreast of developments in market practice, legislation and regulation that impact the operational tax burden of the company's products and clients.
* Liaise with advisers and service providers to ensure withholding tax claims are prepared, submitted and followed up on in respect of the product range.
* Communicate, explain and escalate issues and ideas as relevant within the business.
* Identify tax reclaim opportunities and help operations teams to pursue these with assistance from advisers as needed.
* Review product documentation.
* Handle ad hoc enquiries from within the business and clients, distributors etc.
It is not expected that the you will have prior exhaustive knowledge of all of the areas detailed above. Support will be available within the Product Tax team and via external advisers for researching points of particular difficulty.
The successful candidate will have:
* ACA, CTA or other relevant tax qualification with demonstrable experience.
* Energy and enthusiasm with proven ability to pick up new concepts quickly.
* Attention to detail.
* Strong communication and written skills.
* Organisational and time management skills.
* Diligence and commitment.
* Team player
* Experience of working in a fund management environment or advising financial services clients an advantage.
* Familiarity with relevant areas of UK tax such as Authorised Funds regulations, Offshore Funds regulations and/or experience of dealing with international tax issues (in particular in relation to cross-border withholding taxes) would be an advantage.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered.