Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Tax Reporting & Compliance, you will support the preparation of the tax reporting and compliance of the global tax function. You will support the development and improvement of processes and governance frameworks whilst maintaining tax reporting and compliance standards.
* Supporting the Tax Reporting and Compliance Senior Manager
* to manage the ongoing reporting cycles for Group, including the preparation of consolidated tax schedules and related financial statement disclosures as required by IFRS
* in collaborating with other parts of Finance to achieve quality Effective Tax Rate ('ETR') forecasting, preparing reconciliation and drivers of the group's ETR.
* in the ongoing governance process to enable appropriate escalation of tax risk reporting for SAO and other relevant requirements including CCO.
* in tax research, modelling and communication of the impact on the Group's headline ETR due to legislative changes, M&A and commercial strategic initiatives.
* Providing input in process improvement opportunities and support in the implementation of new processes and tools for tax reporting, compliance and tax forecasting.
* Working with the the relevant teams to ensure compliance with group policy and supporting the implementation of a governance framework with relevant controls, approvals process and risk review analysis.
* Assisting with the implementation of tax elements of any Finance Transformation, by working with regional and country finance teams.
* This includes understanding the existing tax reporting and compliance processes, collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ensure half year and year end global reporting cycles are delivered appropriately and within the applicable timescales.
* Preparing the UK CFC review of Group entities to support both Group Reporting and the completion of the UK Corporation Tax returns.
* Supporting the projects Tax team on an ad hoc basis on tax planning and advisory matters.
* Providing input into and assistance with the global tax compliance engagement outsourced to an external advisor
You will have prior experience in the tax reporting and compliance cycles of a multinational company (in-house or in an accountancy firm) and, preparing and reviewing tax provisions under IFRS. Experience with UK corporate income tax returns is beneficial.