Tilney Smith & Williamson’s personal wealth management services include financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. For businesses, its range of services include assurance and accounting, business tax advice, employee benefits, forensic advice, fund administration, recovery and restructuring, as well as corporate finance and transaction services.
Our Southampton office specialises in providing tax and audit services to businesses, as well as corporate finance and restructuring & recovery. We also provide services to professional practices, business owners and private clients, including personal tax, trust and financial planning advice. Our teams are Partner led and coordinated across disciplines allowing us to provide clients with a professional service and all round advice.
Private Client Tax Services
Many individuals seek help with their taxes whether it is due to lack of time, the complexity of the annual tax return process or to find tax efficient strategies. Whatever your reason, we can help individuals from all walks of life with all the tax issues they may face. We can deal with compliance obligations and reporting requirements while also offering high level planning advice on a domestic and international level.
Purpose of role:
To assist with the annual tax compliance work for a portfolio of clients and to assist other staff within the department with tax administration.
Client compliance work
· Delivering high quality service to clients.
· Assist with running a client portfolio made up of individuals, partnership and trusts.
· Liaising with third parties and the clients to collate tax return information.
· Ensuring all tax compliance and administration is completed in respect of your client portfolio including the completion of annual tax returns and computations.
· Ensuring clients are notified of their tax liabilities in a timely manner.
· Drafting correspondence for a managers review.
Client planning work
· Answering client ad-hoc questions and enquiries in respect of the clients’ personal tax affairs.
· Reporting to managers within the department.
Yearly routine checks and compliance
· Ensuring S&W procedures on the annual tax cycle are complied with for your client portfolio.
· Collating and maintaining client information.
· Client billing and time analysis.
· Assisting the department with tax administration projects as and when required.
Training and personal development
· In house technical and soft skills training as appropriate.
· Potential to support ATT
· Planning and Organising: must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
· Written and verbal communication: good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner. Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
· Customer Focus: meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
· Team work: provide link in chain to support managers above.
· Technical Expertise: on the job training. Potential to support further professional training (ATT)
· Strong academic background
· Good IT skills, word, excel etc
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to communicate well, both written and verbal
· Ability to work independently and also be a team player
· Confidence to deal with managers, partners, clients and third parties
Whether you're looking to relocate or work from home, with our new smart working policy you can be based from your office space at home and/or at one of our office locations across the UK&I.