Tilney Smith & Williamson’s personal wealth management services include financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. For businesses, its range of services include assurance and accounting, business tax advice, employee benefits, forensic advice, fund administration, recovery and restructuring, as well as corporate finance and transaction services.
Our London office, based in the City, provides leading edge advice to private clients, professional practices, mid to large corporates and nonprofit organisations.
From the London office we provide the full range of our services: business advisory services, corporate finance, corporate recovery, corporate tax, forensic services and litigation support, investment management, pensions and financial planning and advice on personal tax and trusts.
We provide a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of companies, from quoted multinational groups to owner managed businesses.
Through establishing close relationships with our clients, we ensure that we are able to deliver the most comprehensive business tax advice, and also ensure we are aware of the key opportunities and risks faced by our clients.
Purpose of role:
As a VAT Senior, you will be part of the delivery team on VAT advisory and VAT compliance services to a wide range of owner-managed and corporate businesses. You will be responsible for reporting to and supporting the Manager and Partner group on larger projects as required.
Client work including:
• Assisting with portfolio of clients, including delivery of VAT advice and preparation of VAT reports
• Technical research relating to VAT and supporting VAT team in client service delivery
• Prepare, review and supervise VAT returns and compliance matters to ensure accurate, prompt and efficient delivery
• Drafting of VAT articles and contributing to marketing initiatives
• Attend and contribute to client meetings and internal meetings as required
• Deal with HMRC correspondence including responding to enquiries
• Prepare billing analysis and draft fee notes
Training and development
• Attend internal training sessions
Assisting other staff members
• Provide support to other staff members and partners on chargeable and non-chargeable work when required
• Ensuring relevant client deadlines are met
• Ensuring S&W procedures are adhered to
• Involvement in some departmental administrative tasks
• Planning and Organising - Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
• Written and Oral communication - Good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner.
• Customer Focus - Meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
• Team work - Provide link in chain to supervise staff members below and support Directors above.
• Maintain Technical Expertise – keep abreast of relevant tax rules/changes and the impact on your clients’ businesses
• Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA) and/or tax advisor (CTA)
• Demonstrable VAT/indirect tax experience gained within the profession and or industry
• Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
• Demonstrable experience of managing people
• Appetite to grow business development skills
• Strong IT skills
• Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members
Whether you're looking to relocate or work from home, with our new smart working policy you can be based from your office space at home and/or at one of our office locations across the UK&I.