Tilney Smith & Williamson’s personal wealth management services include financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. For businesses, its range of services include assurance and accounting, business tax advice, employee benefits, forensic advice, fund administration, recovery and restructuring, as well as corporate finance and transaction services.
Comprising 8 partners and around 70 staff, our Guildford office draws on a wide variety of financial and business expertise to provide a comprehensive range of accountancy and financial advisory services to both corporate and private clients. Located close to Guildford's mainline railway station and with easy access to major routes into London, we are ideally placed to serve the needs of clients around the Thames Valley and South East of England.
We offer financial advisory support to a diverse corporate client base, but focus primarily on owner managed businesses, entrepreneurs, professional practices and the not-for-profit sector. Our office provides employee benefit services including pension scheme management to mid to large corporates. Our private client work includes not only tax and personal financial planning, but we also specialise in trust work and advising medical practitioners and family businesses. We provide a cross-discipline approach to assist our clients with all their financial affairs.
Audit services are provided by Nexia Smith & Williamson, a specialist, independent audit company which works alongside Smith & Williamson to provide audit services to complement the financial advisory services provided by Smith & Williamson.
We provide a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of companies, from quoted multinational groups to owner managed businesses.
Through establishing close relationships with our clients, we ensure that we are able to deliver the most comprehensive business tax advice, and also ensure we are aware of the key opportunities and risks faced by our clients.
Purpose of role:
As a Senior, you will be part of the delivery team on tax advisory and tax compliance services to a wide range of owner-managed and corporate businesses. You will be responsible for reporting to and supporting the Manager and Partner group on larger projects as required.
Client work including:
• Drafting tax clearances and tax reports
• Technical research
• Prepare business tax computations/tax returns
• Prepare election control sheets and client review sheets
• Review Alphatax/Taxpoint lists to ensure all relevant prompts are cleared and deadlines met
• Contribute at client meetings
• Deals with HMRC correspondence including responding to enquiries
• Prepare billing analyses and draft fee notes
Training and development
• Attend internal training sessions
Assisting other staff members
• Provide support to other staff members and partners on chargeable and non-chargeable work when required
• Ensuring relevant client deadlines are met
• Ensuring S&W procedures are adhered to
• Involvement in some departmental administrative tasks
• Planning and Organising - Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
• Written and Oral communication - Good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner. Customer Focus - Meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
• Team work - Provide link in chain to supervise staff members below and support Directors above.
• Maintain Technical Expertise – keep abreast of relevant tax rules/changes and the impact on your clients’ businesses
• Qualified (or studying towards) accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA) and/or tax advisor (CTA)
• Significant corporate tax experience gained within the profession and or industry
• Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
• Demonstrable experience of managing people
• Appetite to grow business development skills
• Strong IT skills
• Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members