Tilney Smith & Williamson’s personal wealth management services include financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. For businesses, its range of services include assurance and accounting, business tax advice, employee benefits, forensic advice, fund administration, recovery and restructuring, as well as corporate finance and transaction services.
Comprising 8 Partners and Directors and around 70 staff, our Guildford office draws on a wide variety of financial and business expertise to provide a comprehensive range of accountancy and financial advisory services to both corporate and private clients.
Private Client Tax Services
Many individuals/trustees seek help with their taxes whether it is due to lack of time, the complexity of the annual tax return process or to find tax efficient strategies. Whatever the reason, we can help individuals from all walks of life with all the tax issues they may face. We can deal with compliance obligations and reporting requirements while also offering high level planning advice on a domestic and international level.
To ensure that the annual tax compliance work is completed and planning opportunities are identified for a portfolio of clients.
• Client compliance work - work to be completed includes personal and trustees Tax Returns with business computations where relevant and related compliance work. Trust work, non-resident, non-domicile and partnership experience will be useful.
• Client planning work. Identifying planning possibilities, eg. beneficial elections and claims, re-distribution of family assets.
• Yearly routine checks and compliance. Ensuring S&W procedures on annual tax cycle are complied with and billing responsibility
• Training and personal development. In house training as appropriate. (Likely to be recently qualified CTA, or qualified by experience)
• Supervising trainees. Overseeing trainees but also working with other seniors. Assisting other group members in professional work
• Strategy – assisting with suggestions of new ideas and approaches
• Planning and Organising
• Written and verbal communication
• In depth knowledge of computer systems including Word, Excel and ideally Digita or similar
• Excellent communication skills - ability to write letters explaining complicated planning issues as well as verbal communication skills
• Team player
• Judgement - knowing when to initiate planning issues
• Problem solving, when faced with technical/practical problems, need to know where to look for guidance/who to contact for assistance
• Technical expertise - need an awareness of planning options as well as good compliance skills
• CTA qualified or equivalent qualification.
• Technical knowledge to include Trust taxation, CGT, IHT, business tax aspects.
• Problem solving, when faced with technical/practical problems, need to know where to look for guidance/who to contact for assistance.
• Commercial awareness and private client focus.
Whether you're looking to relocate or work from home, with our new smart working policy you can be based from your office space at home and/or at one of our office locations across the UK&I.