Tilney Smith & Williamson’s personal wealth management services include financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. For businesses, its range of services include assurance and accounting, business tax advice, employee benefits, forensic advice, fund administration, recovery and restructuring, as well as corporate finance and transaction services.
We provide a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of businesses, including SMEs, owner managed businesses and their owners.
Purpose of role:
To manage your own portfolio of clients, working with Partners/Directors or alone on complicated consultancy and advisory projects. A significant part of the role will be business development of existing and new clients as well as potentially developing a specialist field of technical and/or sector knowledge and expertise.
• Act as trusted adviser and engage with clients on wider commercial and strategic issues
• Manage portfolio of complex advisory and compliance cases
• Give exceptional client service, taking the lead in managing and developing client relationships
• Technically strong
• Identifying opportunities on client portfolio
• Staff Management and development
Liaison with Partners
• Appraisals/monitor staff performance, acting as formal ADR managers for some staff
• On the job training for junior staff on a one-to-one basis
• Dealing with staff questions
• Work collaboratively with peers in team and across firm to ensure joined up approach
• Practice Development
Involved in business development activities/profile raising locally
• Actively use network of established relationships to drive new business opportunities and cross referral of services
• Able to take advantage of marketing/PR opportunities
• Ensuring S&W procedures are followed taking account of institute and HMRC guidance, where relevant
Personal Development (Technical & Other)
• Internal and external seminars and courses
• Internal meetings
• Client focus – ability to deliver consistently excellent client service.
• Commercial awareness - delivers value to client and team profitability.
• Teamwork - organises and supports others.
• Good communicator - both written and oral.
• Problem solving - positive attitude to solving problems and delivering outcomes.
• Enthusiastic and keen business developer.
• Excellent organisation skills.
Qualified accountant (ACA) and/or tax advisor (CTA)
Significant corporate tax experience gained within the profession and/or industry
Technically capable tax adviser who is able to manage complex client work
Demonstrable experience of managing people and clients
Existing business development skills and appetite to grow business
Project management experience
Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders both internally and externally