We're partnering with one of the world's top, Big 4 tax firms in Bermuda, to find a US Tax Manager.
Bermuda is a British island territory in the North Atlantic Ocean known for its pink-sand beaches such as Elbow Beach and Horseshoe Bay. This highly unique opportunity will be to become an integral part of a dynamic U.S. tax team while living and working in one of the most beautiful locations in the world.
Whilst a major financial services hub, Bermuda offers an amazing climate, beautiful beaches and a great expat community. The US tax work is complex and interesting; the Big Four team provides US tax services to the global FS sector including insurance companies, hedge/private equity funds & entities in the ILS sector.
Our client welcomes people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service.
- Provide U.S. tax compliance and advisory services to corporations and/or partnerships operating in the global financial services sector including insurance companies, hedge/private equity funds, and/or entities operating in the insurance-linked securities (ILS) sector
- Oversee the preparation and/or review of tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 for a diverse range of entities, from standalone captive insurance companies to large multinational SEC registrants
- Assist Bermuda-based entities in understanding and addressing an ever-evolving range of international tax provisions (e.g. CFC, PFIC, BEAT) as refined by the TCJA and subject to potential further revisions in 2021 (e.g. SHIELD, revisions to GILTI provisions, BEPS 2.0)
- Coordinate a diverse portfolio of tax clients and be responsible for delivering high-quality service and advice
- Manage a skilled, multi-disciplinary team of tax professionals responsible for engagement delivery and take an active role in the continuous development of their staff
- Five years of relevant experience (preferably with a Big4 firm) in the U.S. tax technical concepts relevant to (re)insurance companies, investment funds, foreign trusts, and/or corporate executives and other high net worth individuals;
- CPA designation or Enrolled Agent qualification is required;
- Master’s degree in accounting or Taxation is preferred;