A highly acquisitive REIT is seeking to appoint their first Indirect Tax Manager due to their continued international expansion and the increasing complexity of the indirect tax landscape. This newly supported role will support the established Head of Tax on all domestic and international indirect tax matters and will have a desirable split of project work and process management.
The role will be working from home for the foreseeable, with flexible working planned for the future.
- Take ownership of the ongoing MTD automation project, reviewing solutions and managing the implementation
- Review and improve the business’s PESM process
- Assess the business’ VAT implications for intercompany transactions as the business continues to expand internationally
- Review and ensure timely submission of the indirect tax returns (produced externally)
- Act as subject matter expert for all indirect tax matters, answering group queries as required
- Tax/accounting qualified, or HMRC trained, or trained in industry
- Experience of the Real Estate sector
- Proven indirect tax compliance and reporting experience, comfortable working with outsourced providers
- Comfortable managing projects, with working experience of MTD
- Experience of partially exempt businesses