Personal Tax Partner
London To c.£140,000 + Benefits
This fully signed off new role is with a forward thinking, well managed and very profitable firm looking to bring in a personal tax partner to spearhead the existing team. It offers a significant opportunity for an experienced personal tax specialist keen for more responsibility and more scope to have your voice heard. The firm is large enough to have clout in the market, but small enough that the individual partners have responsibility for decisions within their own teams as well as firm wide strategy.
The private client tax team is part of a very successful wider tax practice. It offers a compliance and advisory service to a broad ranging client base of HNWI, entrepreneurs and wealthy families. The role will involve heading the team, with responsibility for setting the tone and inspiring confidence and enthusiasm amongst the junior staff. There will be significant opportunity to harvest work from the existing client base, so a following of clients although viewed as a measure of your success at developing relationships, is not an essential entry requirement for the post. You will be introduced by your fellow partners as the firm's most senior private client tax specialist so will be credible and comfortable taking the lead.
The likely attributes for this role are:
• Extensive private client tax experience which could have been gained in a variety of settings.
• Professionally qualified, probably CTA.
• The ability to instil trust in your fellow partners and clients.
• A credible and natural communicator, able to manage and motivate more junior staff.
• A decision maker, comfortable with responsibility but also able to work collegiately, recognising the benefits to the wider firm of being a team player.
This is an important hire for the firm. You will be integral to the tax offering which is key to the overall practice, and well supported by the management team.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please do get in touch. We can also arrange an informal conversation with the head of tax for interested parties.