Have you started on your career in Tax? Are you looking for your next or first in-house role? Have you already achieved an ATT qualification or working towards this? If so then our Tax Assistant position could be the role you're looking for.
Our Tax Assistant will join in a newly created role in our Tax Team, reporting to our Head of Tax and working alongside our Tax Manager, you'll be responsible for iQ's tax compliance for both direct and indirect taxes. You'll also provide tax specialist support to the wider business.
Duties and responsibilities:
● Supporting the Tax Manager in managing third party professional advisers to complete returns for UK corporation tax, UK partnership, non-resident landlord income tax, and Luxembourg taxes and ensuring associated payments are made in accordance with relevant due dates
● In house preparation and submission of UK VAT and CIS returns
● Supporting with calculating tax in accounts and liaising with the external auditors
● Additional tasks including supporting the Tax Team in tax forecasting and modelling, investor compliance, loan compliance, monitoring and management of tax risks, management of tax audits, enquiries and notices, and provision of advice and training to the wider business
You'll ideally be a qualified or part qualified tax professional (ATT) with the desire to continue progressing your tax knowledge by pursuing a CTA, study support after successfully passing probation will also be considered for the right candidate. You'll have a good technical grasp of tax in the UK, and some experience working in a tax position either in-house or from a consultancy background. You'll have an exceptional attention to detail, combined with great organisational skills to be successful in this role.
● 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro rata for part-time)
● Additional day off to celebrate your birthday
● Discretionary bonus
● Pension: we match your contributions up to 8%
● Gym Discounts
● Life Assurance
● Access to thousand's of discounts and offers at shops you know and love
● Season ticket loan
● Cycle to work scheme