IBFD is the leading international provider of cross-border tax expertise. An independent, non-profit foundation, IBFD has a long-standing history in supporting and contributing to tax research and academic activities. IBFD utilizes a global network of tax experts to serve Fortune 500 companies, governments, universities, international consultancy firms and tax advisers. IBFD’s core business is research, publishing (online and print) and education in international taxation. All IBFD products are accessible through IBFD’s Tax Research Platform, the powerful online engine behind efficient tax information and research. Founded in 1938 and headquartered in Amsterdam, IBFD also has a local presence in important markets such as North America, Asia and China.
The IBFD Knowledge Centre is home to most of the tax specialists within IBFD. It is a publications and research department with staff engaged in updating and reviewing IBFD’s publications, conducting research in international tax, and lecturing on various tax topics. The Knowledge Centre is comprised of several Knowledge Groups focused either on particular geographic regions or on specialist international tax topics. The research staff of the Knowledge Centre is drawn from all over the world and its members mainly have expertise in the tax systems of various countries, as well as being specialists in key areas of taxation.
Currently we have a challenging position for a:
The Value Added Tax Department is part of IBFD’s Knowledge Centre. This department is responsible for covering tax developments in VAT, Customs and Excises across the world in news reports, papers, journal articles, detailed country tax guides, and domestic and ECJ case law summaries. These contributions are part of several VAT publications, such as the successful and renowned Global VAT Explorer.
The VAT Specialist will be involved in the day-to-day work of IBFD’s VAT Department, ensuring that the team remains technologically progressive. In this role, he/she will work closely with the team members specialized in VAT. He/she should be curious about the (technological) developments within the field of indirect taxes and capable of translating process improvements into technology-enabled processes.
- Monitoring and reporting on VAT and indirect tax technology developments
- Being actively involved in data transformation projects
- Assisting with the improvement of existing VAT and other indirect tax publications with regard to functionality and accessibility
- Being actively involved in developing new tools for presenting VAT-related information
- Participating in research projects and training activities
- University degree in accounting, economics, IT, or other relevant area or post-graduate qualification
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in tax compliance and/or process management. Tax automation experience would be an advantage
- Sound tax knowledge and ability to translate this into the practical consequences; the processes and IT systems of clients
- Familiarity with statistics and visualization software
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Native (or equivalent) command of the English language (knowledge of other languages will be an advantage)
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
Salary & fringe benefits
- Depending on background and relevant work experience, we offer a salary between EUR 3,900 and EUR 4,600
- Generous pension scheme
- 8% holiday pay
- Flexibility with a 5.44% Personal Budget (individual choice to accumulate up to 33 days paid holiday per year or end-of-year bonus)
For more information, please contact:
Anuschka Bakker, Manager VAT, Transfer Pricing & Specialist Knowledge Group at email@example.com
Send your resumé together with a motivational letter before 27 February 2020 to: Tina Hayema, SR HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org