Tax Business Partner (Ref REQ-220623)
Closing Date: 24/11/2022 23:59:59
At the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, a group of passionate and determined people work to design, develop, manufacture and race the cars driven by seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton and rising star George Russell.
The Team has set a new benchmark for Formula One success during the sport’s current Hybrid era, winning consecutive Drivers’ and Constructors’ World Championships in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, and the Constructors’ Championship in 2021.
As a Tax Business Partner you will be reporting into the Head of Tax. Working collaboratively within the team you will be actively preparing and assisting with the motorsport companies tax affairs, to include Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited and Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Estates Limited. You will build good working relationships and ensure all tax obligations are met and returns/payments completed accurately and on time. Your responsibilities will include:
● Ownership of all Corporation Tax tasks to meet statutory deadlines, including but not limited to:
- Corporation tax return (P&L analysis, Capital allowances review, RDEC claim)
- Corporation tax payments
- This includes any corporation tax obligations arising as a result of overseas permanent establishments
● Ensuring corporate withholding tax certificate and DTA certificates are completed as appropriate
● Completion of the local and actual tax and deferred tax balances for the Financial Reporting team
● Management and responsibility for SAO documentation, group notifications and submissions (CBCR/CIR), as required
● Management of the PAYE Settlement Agreement process, and IR35 processes (as appropriate)
● Preparation of master file / local file (as appropriate) along with ensuring transfer pricing legal requirements are met
● Support employment tax obligations as a result of globally mobile employees
● Completion of the monthly and quarterly VAT returns
● Completion of overseas VAT returns (where/if relevant)
● Review of customs data and support with customs queries
Non-resident performer withholding tax
● Timely completion of the non-resident performer WHT returns for all applicable countries in line with the race calendar
● Ensure all tax payments are withheld correctly on payments (as appropriate) and all tax payments are paid on time to the appropriate tax authorities
● Ensure tax position is aligned
● Manage the team budget for spending with advisors
● Manage and perform balance sheet reconciliations for tax items
● Assist team members with adhoc advice across all taxes
● Manage all communications with HMRC and any other Tax Authorities, including co-ordination of inspections
● Work closely with colleagues to provide value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to our business risks, challenges and opportunities.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for either an ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA or equivalent qualified professional, previous SAP experience would be desirable. You will need to be analytical and solution orientated and have demonstrable previous experience working both independently and within a highly collaborative team. An enthusiastic individual and effective communicator keen to build internal and external relationships.
You will have the ability to adapt, look ahead and embrace a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail is a must and advanced experience of excel would be an advantage.
What do we offer:
At the heart of our performance are our people. Every member of our team has a voice and plays their part in contributing to our successes on and off the racetrack.
We take pride in creating an innovative, collaborative and high-performance culture where all of our team members are respected, empowered and valued.
Through our Accelerate 25 programme, we are continuously working to make our team even more diverse and inclusive. We welcome applications from all and are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals.
Our riverside campus is powered by 100% renewably sourced energy and features an on-site gym and exercise studio, subsidised restaurant and on-site parking with EV chargers available.
We offer a competitive and attractive package of benefits including a generous bonus scheme, Mercedes car lease scheme, private medical cover, life assurance and 25 days holiday.