At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We can offer
- Flexible working - flexible start and finish times, 50% home/office working
- Domestic relocation support
- Career and qualifications support
- Take responsibility for and manage VAT reporting compliance requirements for a group of markets within Europe region and other international markets, as required, ensuring internal and external deadlines are met.
- Provide advice on VAT compliance related queries, coordinating with external and internal stakeholders where necessary.
- Maintain a constant awareness of local VAT legislation and act as a real internal consultant to satisfy stakeholder expectations.
- Preparation of monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly or annual VAT returns and other indirect tax returns (sales listings, domestic listings, purchase listings, Intrastat, SAF-T) using indirect tax return preparation tool technology
- Preparing and requesting necessary VAT submission approvals from internal stakeholders and following up on VAT payment requests and archiving documentation after submissions are completed
- Preparation of VAT General Ledger reconciliation and follow up on issues and open items
- Reconciliation of GL sales to reported VAT sales and follow up on issues and open items
- Manage and assist with VAT compliance queries from the business as necessary
- Support preparing VAT requirements documents and other documents as needed
- Support Tax Technology team to test and implement requirements on a timely basis, as necessary
- Continuous monitor of VAT legislation to identify relevant changes
- Assistance in maintenance of VAT codes tables and VAT codes in accounting systems
- Assistance with VAT audits and liaison with tax authorities as necessary
- Support strategy of standardisation and automation, continuous improvement and risk management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of VAT compliance in at least one jurisdiction in a multi-national tax environment or equivalent.
- Experience with SAP or Oracle is advantageous.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Fluent in English with strong preference for any additional European languages
- Successfully manage competing priorities.
- Work with a range of technically and culturally diverse people.
- Effectively communicate to a diverse audience, at multiple levels within the company.
- Autonomous working.
- Establish formal relationships with internal customers.
- Demonstrate a team approach.
- Written and verbal communication to facilitate relationships with peers and senior management.
- Assess and resolve problems.
- Analytical skills.
- Gain an understanding of the business needs of an international pharmaceutical company from a VAT compliance perspective.
- Work within a professional and high performing team.
- Develop the ability to impact and influence within the company to deliver superior business results.
- Gain international and country specific VAT expertise.
- Gain experience of working within a European team and in a shared services environment.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognises the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.