This role is part of the tax team for a leading FTSE 250 technology business. You will report into the Head of Tax and play a pivotal role in tax advisory and transactions projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Manage the corporate, transactional and withholding tax risks of the global group.
* Support the global business on acquisitions and disposals. This includes: modelling and financing considerations, ensuring that effective tax due diligence is carried out and ensuring tax risk is managed in the legal agreements.
* Provide advice to the global business on relevant new tax laws with support from external advisers.
* Ensure compliance with cross border tax laws in conjunction with the global Finance teams including transfer pricing, master files, withholding tax and the EU mandatory disclosure regime.
* Network across the business to ensure that the tax team are involved at an early stage of any proposed transaction and to advocate commercially focused and pragmatic tax solutions.
* Oversee local tax compliance undertaken by the local tax advisers.
As well as the above you will also be involved with the following projects:
* Cross-border mergers
* Debt structuring
* Transfer pricing
* IP restructuring
* Trained in tax with a Top 10 accountancy firm or in-house.
* ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified, or equivalent with 2 or more years post qualification experience
* The ability to build relationships across the organisation
* Proven ability to work to deadlines in a complex environment, with key skills being attention to detail and effective project management
* Experience of managing compliance, experience of international tax planning and structuring
* Knowledge of indirect taxes and PAYE is an advantageous but not essential