Senior Consultant, VAT Consultancy – Amsterdam
Ryan is an award-winning global tax services firm achieving international recognition and market leadership through client service excellence, workplace innovation, and employee development. Ryan's European practice, headquartered in London, supports multinational companies operating across Europe with a comprehensive suite of international tax services. Our multi-disciplinary team of more than 3,500 professionals and associates serves over 15,000 clients in more than 50 countries, including many of the world’s most prominent Global 5000 companies.
Ryan offers outstanding opportunities to work in a dynamic, rapidly expanding tax services firm serving the world’s most respected Global 5000 companies. Our innovative work environment, accelerated growth path for high performers, competitive benefits package, and outstanding earning potential provide the most rewarding career experience available in the industry.
About the role
The Senior Consultant works as part of a small team to provide forensic accounting for clients on their VAT. Providing innovative solutions to
Duties and Responsibilities
• Regularly uses Ryan’s bespoke software, eReview, to analyze large quantities of data to identify VAT recovery opportunities.
• Analyzes AP and General Ledger reports and reconciliations of the VAT General Ledgers to the VAT returns.
• Works with internal and client Information Technology personnel to extract Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) data.
• Visits client premises (both domestic and in some cases international) to extract invoices, verify accounting treatment of transactions and present reports.
• Prepares formal correspondence to the Tax Authorities on behalf of clients.
• Drafts reports for clients on results of VAT recovery projects.
• Prepares status reports, internal updates, project trackers, and related documentation.
• Coordinates VAT recovery projects with European partners.
• Maintains involvement with compliance projects such as VAT registration and VAT return preparation.
• Maintains involvement with Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and general business process reviews and documenting findings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Two to five years of experience as a VAT Accountant is ideal, or two to five years accounting experience with a focus on VAT is required
Compensation and Benefits
Ryan offers flexible working through the MyRyan scheme, a comprehensive benefits package, an innovative approach to reward and recognition and the chance to grow your skill set through internal learning. Our standard UK package includes
• Private healthcare and dental
• Life assurance
• Income Protection
• Contributory pension
• Gym subsidiary
• Travel to work contribution for public transport
At Ryan, we are guided by our core values:
• Pursue Excellence – I create value through mastery, creativity and innovation;
• Wired to Win – I drive exceptional results for our colleagues, clients and the Firm;
• Generosity Matters – I share success with colleagues, clients and the community;
• Build Trust – I demonstrate respect and trust for others; and
• Integrity Always – I do what is right.
If this sounds like you, please contact our People Group