A FTSE 100 listed multinational are looking to strengthen their group VAT function, based in their London HQs. They are looking for a qualified VAT professional who will not only manage the tax compliance, but also take on a variety of advisory and project led work across the business strands.
Joining a large, established and commercial tax function, reporting into the Senior VAT Manager.
* Provide timely and accurate VAT advice to all areas of the business.
* Review relevant VAT returns prepared by VAT Accountants and provide support to Senior VAT Manager to ensure all VAT returns are submitted accurately and on time.
* Assist in the collation and submission of disclosures to HMRC, including technical rationale for disclosures. Work with VAT Accountants to ensure submission to HMRC is timely and accurate and take lead in subsequent correspondence with HMRC.
* Work closely with VAT Accountants to provide support.
* Keep up to date with recent changes in VAT Legislation and guidance and take responsibility for relevant implementation of changes and/or controls in the business.
* Review business activities, identifying particular areas where VAT has an impact or is impacted, to ensure that the business remains VAT compliant.
* Proactively identify new or complex areas and work with key stakeholders and Tax team to identify and follow through on VAT risks and opportunities.
* Provide support on sensitive commercial projects, working closely with key members of the relevant project team to provide appropriate, technical VAT advice.
* Work in conjunction with Senior VAT Manager to prepare and deliver VAT training to areas of the business as required.
* Liaise with HM Revenue and Customs as required
* Provide support to Senior VAT Manager on BAU VAT tasks
* Undertake adhoc compliance tasks and proactively complete in house VAT compliance reviews.
* Qualified in tax or accountancy
* Strong UK VAT compliance and advisory experience.
* Either coming from a top tier practice firm or large industry.
* Solid Excel skills with an aptitude for analysing data and turning it into insight.
* Great communication and organisational skills.
* Lot's of energy with a 'can do' attitude.
Paying £60,000 - £70,000 plus a very competitive bonus and benefits package.
If you meet the required skill set and would like to pursue this opportunity, please get in touch with Simon Riva