Reporting to the Global Head of Tax, the Tax Manager will be responsible for overall group tax reporting and global direct tax compliance. The Tax Manager will also develop strong partnerships with the different Divisions and the Central functions. In addition to strong tax accounting and technical capabilities, the candidate must demonstrate proven project management skills across multi-functional teams and the ability to improve quality and efficiency of the tax reporting and compliance processes.
* Deliver the end-to-end process of the Group's global tax reporting, including driving automation into the reporting process.
* Responsible for ensuring a smooth audit cycle with any/all issues effectively communicated and resolved on a timely basis, acting as primary contact with external auditors, providing continuous liaison and effective communication with the auditors at group level.
* Continuously seeking to improve the quality and effectiveness of the tax reporting information, processes and systems.
* Managing the monthly internal tax reporting, including forecasting the group's effective tax rate, providing analysis and commentary of variances to the budget rate and activity in the month.
* Preparation of the UK corporation tax return filings.
* Management of the corporation tax return filings worldwide, in particular the US, including liaising with the local finance teams and/or outsource provider where relevant.
* Maintain and evaluate the tax compliance and reporting aspects of the global tax risks and controls matrix, adapting it to reflect changes in tax legislations and business operations
* Managing legacy HMRC enquiries and proactively dealing with HMRC on new issues and specific transactions
* Responsible for increasing tax awareness across the group
* Explore tax incentives e.g. Patent Box & R&D.