What will you do?
The Solicitor’s Office and Legal Services (SOLS) is HMRC’s Legal Group responsible for conducting legal work for every part of HMRC.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the SOLS senior leadership teams to develop and implement our strategies around our people, locations, processes, data and digital ambitions.
You’ll help deliver SOLS operating model and interact with the wider HMRC strategy and planning communities ensuring SOLS is fully part of wider strategy development and planning.
How will you add value to the role?
● Proven leadership experience of building and leading diverse teams and an ability to motivate and inspire others
● Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills, with an ability to influence constructively and command confidence at all levels
● Experience of creating and articulating strategies and a proven ability to turn strategy into delivery
● Accomplished at building networks and strong relationships, and adept at collaborating across business groups
● A proven track record of project management ideally with experience of operational delivery
● A proven ability to strike a balance between strategic innovation and operational delivery
What will you be part of?
Part of the Legal Operations and Business Transformation Directorate, which provides the corporate services for SOLS (finance, people, strategy and planning) as well dealing with the statutory review and litigation work not otherwise dealt with by HMRC's lawyer teams.
You’ll be a key member of the Legal Operations and Business Transformation Senior Leadership Team as well as HMRC’s Senior Leaders Group and will be expected to make a corporate leadership contribution.
You’ll be required to be in London (Bush House and in time Stratford after the move to the Regional Centre) regularly because this is the SOLS' primary business location but the role can be performed from Manchester where SOLS has a significant presence.
What’s in it for you?
We are one of the country’s largest employers, with around 60,000 people working across the UK.
Whatever your role, you’ll be amongst people with an incredible range of skills and experience.
Our strength as an organisation is in our diverse people, ideas and backgrounds, and the inclusive working culture that brings us together.
We’re committed to providing everyone with an employee experience that makes you feel connected to your work, your colleagues and your workplace, and feel proud to be a part of our mission.
Key benefits include:
● Base salary of £71K (national), £74.5K (London) dependent upon experience
● 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
● Additional one days paid leave commemorating the Queen’s Birthday
● Civil Service pension - highly competitive contributory scheme
● Flexible working schemes, including part- time or term-time working
● Generous paid maternity / paternity leave (notably higher than the statutory minimum)
● Tax-Free Childcare (TFC) scheme
● Interest-free travel/ bicycle loans
● Onsite facilities including fitness centres and staff canteens (where applicable)
● Learning and development tailored to your role
How to Apply:
Please note: we can only consider applications that have been submitted via the Civil ...