Change Public Practice are working with a Big 4 Firm, on a fantastic opportunity, for a talented individual to join their Corporate Tax Team. This role can be based in Glasgow, Cardiff, Birmingham, Manchester, or for a remote worker. The successful candidate will be a qualified ATT/CTA/ACA or equivalent, or qualified by experience. You’ll have experience of Corporate Tax within the Banking Sector and already be a Manager reviewing corporate tax computations and returns, including client liaison through the compliance process. You must have experience of UK Corporate Tax to apply for this role.
In this Firm, you’ll be part of a growing and dynamic Managed Services Team with a diverse client base, from mid-market to FTSE listed groups, from public sector to real estate to financial services. This particular part of the team are growing their team of banking sector specialists due to a number of exciting wins.
This firm has flexible working practices, great L&D opportunities and flexible benefit packages. This Firm are offering both full-time and part-time roles with flexible working arrangements which include, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc.
Key responsibilities within this role include:
• Managing a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility for ensuring quality tax computations are prepared, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines
• Group reporting and tax accounting disclosures under IFRS, FRS 101 and FRS 102
• Collaborating nationally with the Firms local office teams and clients, to clarify requirements of each compliance cycle and ensuring that these are reflected in the final computations and returns. You may potentially attend onsite visits with local offices or clients where required
• Identifying and resolving technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists to prepare or review analysis
• Providing advice and support to the Firms local office teams and/or clients i.e. providing assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC and preparing tax accounting disclosures
• Developing and maintaining relationships with the Firms local office teams and offshore partners
• Collaborating with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed
• Identifying opportunities for additional services the client may require and liaising with subject specialists
• Coaching, developing and supporting your own and other teams
• Qualified ATT/CTA/ACA or equivalent or qualified by experience
• Genuine interest in clients with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs
• Experience at Manager level, specifically within the banking sector, reviewing corporate tax computations and returns, including client liaison through the compliance process
• Outstanding technical knowledge with specific technical expertise on complex capital versus revenue treatment, pension scheme and share scheme adjustments, group relief, basic transfer pricing, tax accounting for groups and single entities, controlled foreign companies and corporate interest restrictions
• Experience of the banking sector including Bank Loss Restriction, Bank Levy, Bank Corporation Tax Surcharge, Capital Attribution Tax Adjustments, Special Securitisation Regime and Asset Finance
• Strong skills to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels, including coaching and developing team members
• Recent and relevant UK corporate tax experience
• Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate
• Excellent teamwork, management and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets
• Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar tax software)
• Awareness of technical areas including: controlled foreign companies and worldwide debt calculations
• Personal value of delivering high quality work
• High level of drive for success, a positive attitude, enthusiastic outlook, agile mind and resilient in times of pressure
• A team player who collaborates and communicates with respect
• Effective time management skills and well organised
• Ability to switch easily between strategic thinking and detail
• The ability to work autonomously, take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve relationships and processes
• Desire for continuous improvement
You’ll receive a competitive remuneration package, flexible benefits where you can select the benefits that matters to you, excellent L&D and flexible working arrangements.