About the Role
The role is the head up the design team in Making Tax Digital (MTD). MTD is a GMPA Transformation Programme in HMRC with a 5 year budget of circa £500m, it is a critical part of HMRC’s and the Government’s roadmap to making our Tax services the most digitally advanced in the world. The programme is undertaking both internal and external customer service transformation and requires a leader who can manage the design of both customer services, while delivering on the significant benefits associated with the programmes business case, circa £2b score card ATR. It is imperative that the programme delivers solutions that meet our customer’s needs and meets the legislative requirements of the tax regimes. The role requires strong Business Analytical skills, sound understanding of the major Tax regimes, and significant strength in both stakeholder management and leadership.
● The principle activity of the role will be to ensure that the end to end design of the services delivered by MTD meet both internal and external customer’s needs, while delivering on the significant benefits associated with the Programmes business case.
● It is imperative that the Programme delivers solutions that meet our customer’s needs and meet the legislative requirements of the tax regimes. The role will require the successful candidate to have strong Business Analytical skills and a sound understanding of the major Tax regimes.
● Maintaining and developing the delivered mandatory MTD for VAT service which has over 1.4 million customers, and the expansion of this service to all VAT customers by April 2022
● Continuing discovery and development of the MTD for Income Tax Self-Assessment (ITSA) service to meet the mandation date of April 2023.
● Provide visible day to day leadership of the Design Team; Manage, coach and mentor the Design Team; Chair and lead the Design Approval Board, be a champion for Business Analysis within the Project Delivery profession and play an active part in the MTD SLT.
● Strong leadership skills, with experience of leading diverse teams and an ability to motivate, inspire and guide others, including peers and more senior colleagues, to deliver in an uncertain and fast-paced environment
● Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills, with an ability to influence constructively and command confidence at all levels
● Exceptional strategic thinking skills, able to draw together disparate complex issues, connect and analyse data, and design and implement practical solutions
● Ability to lead and facilitate complex negotiations while maintaining progress and accommodating divergent views and differing priorities
● A proven ability to analyse complex information and present to a senior audience in a succinct and effective manner
● A proven working knowledge of the tax system, HMRC business areas and functions, and an experience of operating and linking across complex systems and regimes
● Tax knowledge and technically trained in Business Analysis and Design. The role is the key post for the design of new internal and external Tax services, a tax knowledge and business analysis background are essential to ensure the successful delivery of the programme.
● Qualifications in business analysis and experience in large transformation change Programme.
What will you be part ...