This is an incredibly interesting tax policy focused role, and will support the Head of Tax policy.
* Establish and maintain professional relationships with external tax stakeholders from OECD/UN/EU, tax administrations, MNCs and business associations for key countries, to maintain organisations tax professional reputation and provide contributions and insights in shaping tax policy and administrative measures.
* Monitor local and international tax environment (i.e. BEPS, Tax reforms), perform a technical assessment of new tax laws and regulations, identify a potential impact for tax positions and communicate it in to the management a promptly manner.
* Develop and execute engagement strategy of key country's policy makers and tax authority stakeholders including an analysis of the potential areas for tax certainty, and providing insights in respect of global tax policy and administration trends, specific key tax policy topics.
* Act as a business partner for transfer pricing and audit teams, by contributing into developing strategy for effective resolution of complex tax controversy cases, supporting negotiations with relevant stakeholders and delivering results within agreed parameters.
* Provide support and advice to complex internal and external tax projects from tax policy perspective, which may include but not limited to tax certainty, rulings, compliance and tax internal controls improvement projects;
* Maintain relationships with external stakeholders including advisors to ensure an effective and timely support on key projects.
* Provide training to the wider global tax team on tax trends and tax policy, support country tax teams by providing in-sight on tax policy and tax administration changes.
* Degree in accounting, finance, economics or tax law or relevant equivalent;
* Professionally qualified CPA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent with CTA/ADIT or equivalent preferred;
* A minimum of 10-15 years' experience in tax department in a senior role in a leading multinational is required with a prior work experience at Big Four accountancy firm as preferred;
* Proven track record of communicating to the local tax authorities, policy makers, delivering successful resolution of tax disputes and tax agreements with tax authorities across various jurisdictions, including APAs;
* Proved records of project management experience;
* Strong organisation, coordination and influencing skills;
* Strong team player and excellent influencing skills with the ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment;
* Ability to effectively multitask in a fast paced environment;
* Business travel may vary up to 30%;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills