What will you do?
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a Chief Digital and Information Office (CDIO) delivery team and suppliers, working within the Making Tax Digital (MTD) Programme.
You’ll have responsibility for ensuring programme objectives are delivered within planned timescales and in keeping with ministerial targets and commitments, and will be accountable for developing the IT programme plan centred around business services and a delivery portfolio.
How will you add value to the role?
• Proven track record of large-scale IT change delivery, across the full project delivery lifecycle
• Experience of technology-enabled business transformation and embedding cultural change
• Experience of delivering cutting-edge technology solutions at-scale in complex environments
• Strong experience of SAP (Oracle) and of leading technology-focused (ideally SAP) teams
• Proven track record of building team capability in a matrix environment
• Demonstrable experience of success through inspirational leadership
• Solid Agile experience and business analysis capability
• Large-scale deployment of open source solutions ideally gained in public and private sector
• Commercial awareness and experience of managing suppliers to deliver cost effective end-to-end business services
Essential Technical Knowledge:
• SAP TRM/ERP/EOP
• Migration of on-premise SAP to cloud solutions
• Optimisation of business functions through technology
• API and micro services architectures essential
• IT legacy estate transformation
A good level of competence across all the SFIA skill categories especially SFIA level 5/6 experience in the Business Change domain including:
• solution development and implementation
• procurement and management support
• client interface
One or more of the following recognised Professional PPM or Change Management qualifications:
• PRINCE2 Practitioner
• Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner
• APM Practitioner Qualification (APMPQ)
• Member of APM (MAPM)
• APM Registered Project Professional (RPP)
• Major Projects Leadership Academy (MPLA)
What will you be part of?
MTD is a key part of HMRC’s plans to make it easier for individuals and businesses to get their tax right and keep on top of their affairs efficiently and effectively. The programme fits into our vision of transforming HMRC into one of the most digitally advanced tax administrations in the world.
It puts both internal and external customers at the heart of the design and delivery of IT solutions and brings together customer records to allow a more holistic Tax view for both HMRC and the customer.
As customers join MTD, their records and accounting will incrementally move to the SAP - Tax and Revenue Management Platform (TRM) as part of HMRC’s longer term vision to have a single internal view of each customer.
TRM is the SAP specialist module for public sector tax and revenue management processes. HMRC is one of the biggest global users of this module and often a reference for other global and regional public sector user groups.
What’s in it for you?
We are one of the country’s largest employers, with around 60,000 people working across the UK.
Whatever your role, you’ll be amongst people with an incredible range of skills and experience.
Our strength as an organisation is in our diverse people, ideas and backgrounds, and the inclusive working culture that brings us together.
We’re committed to providing everyone with an employee experience that makes you feel connected to your work, your colleagues and your workplace, and feel proud to be a part of our mission.
Key benefits include:
• Base salary of £70K - £90K, dependent upon experience
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Additional ones paid leave commemorating the Queen’s Birthday
• Civil Service pension - highly competitive contributory scheme
• Flexible working schemes, including part- time or term-time working
• Generous paid maternity / paternity leave (notably higher than the statutory minimum)
• Tax-Free Childcare (TFC) scheme
• Interest-free travel/ bicycle loans
• Onsite facilities including fitness centres and staff canteens (where applicable)
• Learning and development tailored to your role
Do you have proven senior operational experience of complaints / disputes resolution, ideally within a Government setting?
We have a unique and exciting opportunity to work alongside the Independent Adjudicator and lead the Adjudicator’s Office through the next stage of its development.
If you want to join a committed team with the aspiration to develop our people and provide improved services to all our customers, we’d love to hear from you!