This is a pure advisory role, reporting into the Tax Director. The purpose of the role is to provide support on a number of complex and exciting initiatives, and therefore gaining great exposure to a FTSE 250 business.
Your projects will include, but not be limited to:
* M&A -
* Providing support on acquisitions and disposals, including due diligence, input into forecast models, and deal structuring. You will be required to manage advisors as appropriate as well as work closely with the relevant internal teams to provide tax support as necessary.
* Operating Model Design -
* The business is running a key project in designing and implementing a new operating model and you will have a key role as part of this project team, following up on actions and working closely with key stakeholders.
* Maximising opportunities from IP and R&D -
* As part of these operating model changes, the business is reviewing its IP ownership and R&D footprint. You will have a key role in researching the various opportunities and tax regimes on offer to the business in order for decisions to be taken.
* Treasury tax matters -
* Working with the treasury and finance teams, you will attend group meetings involved in ensuring the groups repatriation and dividend policy is met and that the tax implications are fully considered.
* Legal entity restructuring -
* You will work with the team and outside advisors to ensure that the current plans for entity reorganisation are carried through and all tax actions are complete; as well as taking a role in moving any future stages forward.
* Ad-hoc advisory and planning -
* As an evolving organisation, new opportunities and issues are arising all the time. You will be required to respond quickly and pragmatically to any such queries.
* You will provide support to the Tax reporting team as required, inputting into the ETR forecasting, tax accounting, compliance and tax return disclosures, and governance framework which are managed by the Group Tax Reporting team.
This is an ideal role for an individual currently at AM/M grade currently in the Big 4 - looking to make their first move in-house.