Rare development opportunity to take a compliance led personal tax team and build a private client advisory practice to complement and enhance those services.
There is a decent sized team of compliance professionals already in place, but they need a figurehead to pull everything together and take things to the next level and beyond. The firm are fully committed to investing in the private client tax practice and have ambitious plans for its growth. For the right person, there is a clear route to partnership.
There will be some easy wins initially on the advisory side as there is plenty of untapped work in the existing client base. Beyond that there are other income streams to be had from within the firm, before you will need to cast your net externally.
The clients are varied and broad in nature, comprising every type of private client imaginable, to include HNWIs from both old and new money, partnerships, non-dom, business owners, trusts and family offices.
This is a greenfield site for the advisory practice, with the unusual benefit of already having a team in place. The current personal tax team would of course need some training in order to develop advisory skills, but the initial headcount is there.
The ideal person will have the following attributes:
• Excellent communication skills with the gravitas to lead and head up the team and drive it forward
• Extensive experience of private client tax advisory work
• Commercial mindset and approach
• Ability to build strong and lasting client relationships and a commitment to providing great client service
• Collegiate personality with the ability to engage and motivate staff
The partnership are looking for an existing Director, however would also consider an exceptional and experienced Senior Manager looking for the next step up.