Pan-EMEA VAT advisory role with a leading consumer retail group.
The position will have an advisory focus, dealing with issues related to consumer retail operations across the EMEA region. Working closely with the Tax Director and other members of this tax team, this role will require a highly commercial and technical VAT specialist capable of stepping outside their comfort zone.
On offer will be an exceptional salary package working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
* Advise business units on international Indirect Tax issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all activities.
* Assess the Indirect Tax risk of the business operations, making strategic decisions on the position and ensuring continued positive reputation with tax authorities.
* Management of UK and international VAT compliance, and refine and implement a 'best practice' group compliance policy.
* Ensure operational effectiveness and continuously improve the integrity of systems and controls.
* Formulate and drive wider VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the group.
* Represent the business, taking the lead on engagements and negotiations with external advisors, government bodies, tax authorities, and auditors.
* Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required.
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Previous international VAT experience is beneficial, as is prior retail experience.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +44 20 7429 4480.