This diverse business requires VAT-related filings in a number of jurisdictions across Europe. These filings are the responsibility of the European VAT Compliance & Controllership team. The growth of this business and the complexity of VAT requirements in Europe mean that the number of filings is increasing. Technology solutions are needed to manage this increase, and a technology-focused resource is needed to help develop and implement the tax technology this organisation needs. They are therefore looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join them in a new role at the heart of the VAT Compliance & Controllership team. The role will specialise in providing support to the Compliance & Controllership team in the development and use of technology, including accounting systems and automation tools.
Responsibilities will include:
· Working with the VAT Compliance & Controllership team and other colleagues in Tax to identify, document and prioritise technology requirements;
· Preparing Business Requirement Documents and other documents as needed;
· Discussing and explaining requirements to other teams;
· Working with tech teams within and outside Tax to develop, test, refine and implement requirements on a timely basis;
· Maintaining, updating and further developing solutions post-implementation, in conjunction with tech teams outside Tax, as needed;
· Providing support to VAT Compliance & Controllership team in all aspects of technology, including for audits and other projects;
· Liaising, supporting and communicating with colleagues in, and acting as technical SME for, the VAT Compliance & Controllership team;
· Acting as POC between the VAT Compliance & Controllership team and colleagues in technical teams outside Tax (Tax Tech, Fin Tech, Tax Engine, etc).
You should be ACA/CTA/ACCA qualified with experience of working in an indirect tax or tax technology function.