Company: International leading commodity and agri-business
Seeking a self-motivated tax professional with great initiative to lead the Tax function for the Americas region (including North, Central and South America). The position will be based either in California, Chicago or Dallas, and will report to the Group Head of Tax based and the US CFO based in the US HQ.
The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of US Tax as well as experience managing tax issues across other countries in the region, such as Brazil, Mexico and Colombia. The role will require an individual who has strong leadership qualities - Highly organized, able to combine a strategic view with knowledge of ground-level details, strong commercial awareness, and an excellent communicator.
• Working with the Group Head of Tax and Country CFO’s to develop a tax strategy within the region, and subsequent execution and management of that strategy
• Engaging with business and country leadership to ensure maintenance of high level of business support from the Tax function
• Proactively collaborating with other functions to deliver Group objectives
• Managing all tax risks across the region and ensuring mitigation of risk
• Development and execution of transfer pricing policies
• Management of transfer pricing requirements across the region
• Development and administration of tax policies and procedures.
• Overseeing tax compliance and tax accounting & reporting in the region
• Ensuring the company meets filing deadlines, including returns, estimates, extensions and federal/state notice responses.
• Leading tax planning, including development of initiatives and overseeing execution
• Oversight of property, sales and use tax returns.
• Supervision of tax personnel
• Preferably a CPA with a Masters in Taxation
• 13+ years of experience in US and International Taxation
• Knowledge of international taxation laws and regulations relevant to an US entity owned by a foreign parent
• Excellent communication skills
Reporting: The candidate will be reporting to the Country CFO of the Company