Award winning tax practice are looking for a new team member with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude for a role with super career prospects.
The role is multi-faceted; it features working on a broad range of advisory projects for your clients, as well as managing and reviewing the compliance. The work goes beyond just pure expatriate taxation too as some of the client base also need more broad UK personal tax assistance, dealing with such issues as inheritance and capital gains tax. There is a lot of very interesting work in this role to get your teeth into and expand your knowledge.
The client base is a mix of corporate engagements and individuals. Each day will present different opportunities, but examples of typical work include:
• Advising companies on the UK tax and social security implications of their assignee population.
• Working with corporates to ensure their short term business visitor procedures are fully UK tax compliant and that their international
assignment programs are structured in the most tax efficient manner.
• Meeting individual assignees on arrival and departure from the UK and counselling them on their tax and social security position.
• Liaison with overseas offices to ensure the host country tax position is managed.
• Reviewing tax returns during busy season, dealing with any queries, and managing the tax return process for your clients.
• Advising on modified payrolls for expatriates.
• Researching and preparing technical advice, with support from the leadership.
• Liaison with HMRC and dealing with any enquiries.
The position will suit an experienced Tax Senior or newly promoted Manager who enjoys building and maintaining relationships with clients and providing a high level of service.
A minimum of 3 years’ UK expatriate tax experience is required. A French speaker would be of interest, although this is not essential.