Job Title: UK Corporate Tax Manager
Location: Watford Junction
Salary Range: Competitive Base Salary plus comprehensive Benefits Package including Car Allowance, Annual Bonus and generous Hotel Discount Scheme)
The Tax Manager role will report directly into the Director UK Tax and take a pivotal role in the direct tax compliance of the UK group from the tax accounting stage to the submission to HMRC. Further to this there is the opportunity to get involved in wider tax issues and to develop a broader tax knowledge base around not only corporate tax but also areas of employment tax.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travelers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
• To undertake the Corporate Tax compliance work (including preparation of the UK Corporate Tax Returns, claims and elections etc...) for the UK companies
• To be responsible for the tax accounting process for UK statutory accounts purposes
• To complete ongoing technical research in respect to matters affecting the UK group including areas such as hybrid legislation and CIR
• Assisting with quarterly tax forecasting under US GAAP
• Assisting with responding to HMRC enquiries
• Some international tax planning as required and involvement in thin capitalization and transfer pricing issues
• Dealing with the reporting requirements for Taxed Award Schemes
• Assisting/managing the reporting for the PAYE Settlement Agreement
• Assisting in the reporting for Senior Accounting Officer
What are we looking for?
• Good communicator (written and verbal) skills
• Self-starter and ability to constructively challenge
• Team player who has the ambition to succeed
• Ability to travel if required
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• ACA/ACCA fully qualified Accountant or equivalent experience in-lieu thereof
• Extensive UK Corporate Tax compliance experience
• Good level of Microsoft Excel knowledge
• Solid Corporate Tax accounting experience, including UK GAAP, IFRS and FRS101
• Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) qualified
• Alphatax experience