A fortune 500 pharmaceuticals retailer is currently looking to appoint a Tax Technology professional into their well-established finance function to be based here in London. This position is ideally suited towards a Senior Manager with inhouse/professional service experience who would be looking to carve out their niche as the Tax Technology subject matter expert on behalf of this multinational organisation.
You will be responsible for developing the long-term Tax Technology strategy and driving the Tax Technology agenda, from an international Tax perspective whilst patterning with financial systems managers overseas to ensure a consistent strategy across the group.
* Technology Strategy: Define the strategy and develop a short, medium & long term road map.
* Understand and review "as is" business processes as they relate to Tax, together with tax function activities, to identify & implement process and technological efficiency's to manage and mitigate tax risks.
* In conjunction with the Director International Tax (UK) and the VP International Tax, develop the International Tax technology budget and build the investment case with a view to process cost reduction.
Ideally you will be from an Accounting/Tax background (ACA/CTA or equivalent) with significant Tax experience in a Tax department of a multi-national company or one of the Big 4.
* Extensive experience of understanding and translating Tax and business needs into Tax technology requirements
* Experience in Tax aspects of ERP systems design, configuration and / or implementation (SAP, Oracle, Hyperion Tax engines, Tax data cubes etc)
Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, engage with a broad variety of stakeholders and communicate tax issues clearly and concisely (in both written and verbal forms) to a variety of individuals and stakeholders with differing levels of tax awareness