This is a very varied role where you will be involved in covering various complex aspects within tax and broader finance, on projects with signification global impact involving strategic decision making for the group.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Working with the relevant stakeholders to prepare, deliver and manage budget, quarterly and year end US GAAP reporting requirements;
* Research, analysis, and reporting for EMEA uncertain tax positions;
* Internal expertise and consultancy for resolving tax accounting issues within the EMEA region;
* Providing ad-hoc tax accounting training and guidance predominantly to the EMEA business units;
* Working closely with and providing support to the Tax Manager, within a SOX control environment;
* Actively developing group reporting process improvement insights and opportunities;
* Assisting with UK and international planning projects e.g. recapitalisations, capital reductions, capital reorganisations, mergers, transfer pricing,
* Preparation and submission of tax-specific internal formal approvals within the governance framework;
* Internal key contact with EMEA overseas business units and tax advisers on both planning and compliance issues, including tax audits;
* Preparing and submitting ad-hoc UK tax clearances, which for example may include SSE and the distribution exemption amongst others;
* Drafting technical research/briefing papers;
* Within transactions - undertaking a broad multi-disciplinary due diligence process
* Providing ad-hoc technical support on UK compliance matters, including support for UK tax audits;
* Managing the group's CFC compliance
* Managing the group's exposures to UK and overseas withholding taxes;
* Completion and filing of quarterly UK withholding tax returns;
* Managing the transfer pricing supporting documentation for intercompany loan financing;
* Supporting US colleagues on any ad-hoc US tax compliance requirements.
This is a very varied role and would suit an individual who has gained some experience in-house already, but would also suit an individual who has been in a varied compliance and advisory role within a practice firm.