Vacancy for a motivated Expatriate Tax Manager at a Top 25 firm based in the City. Competitive salary + Bens
Your new company
A great opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly expanding and thriving Global Mobility team with a leading London based firm. Following a period of rapid growth, they are looking for an Assistant Manager to provide all aspects of expatriate tax and international assignment advice and overseeing the provision of expatriate tax compliance services. You will join a company which fundamentally excels in maintaining and expanding a diverse roster of clients on both sides of the Atlantic. Their long-standing history working with charitable and not-for-profit organisations compliments their technically outstanding and client-focused approach.
Your new role
* You will be involved in a broad range of tax projects and provide tax advice and consulting services to clients;
* You will manage your own diverse and interesting client portfolio including advising and guiding clients on the planning and implications involved in international assignments and resolving client queries;
* You will be responsible for reviewing and preparing more complex tax returns and conducting entry and exit consultations with expatriates;
* You will ensure delivery of quality work and also help coach junior staff members;
* You will be liaising with HM Revenue & Customs and client on personal tax issues;
* You will be expected to be aware of budgets on your clients and specific projects and at least meet billing targets;
* For individuals who are existing 'dual handlers', there will be opportunities to prepare US tax returns and assist with the provision of US tax advice.
What you'll need to succeed
* To succeed in this role you will be an Assistant Manager or an individual with at least 4 years expatriate tax experience who is ready for promotion to the Assistant Manager grade;
* Have experience of dealing with international businesses and expatriate employees;
* Build and maintain relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service;
* This is a fast growing team and you will be motivated to play a key role in helping to drive that business;
* Have UK expatriate tax return preparation and review experience or a dual handler (US and UK tax) who also has US tax preparation experience;
* Sound technical knowledge in relation to expatriate tax issues such as social security obligations, payroll reporting requirements, and foreign tax credit claim in the UK;
* Up to date with tax changes that impact on the UK taxes of expatriates;
* Have excellent communication skills - both written and oral and the ability to communicate clearly and build strong relationships at all levels;
* Have the ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail;
* Any of the following professional qualifications (desirable): ATT/ACA/CA/CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA).
What you'll get in return
You will get the opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Top 25 firm at an exciting juncture in their journey. Recruiting for the long term with talent they want to shape the firm in the future, they have expanded their Expatriate offering to encompass greater scope, and are willing to reward your dedication with flexible working, a competitive salary, medical cover, and more. Furthermore, with clear career progression and a strong support network consisting of open-door policies, a solid structure, and regular appraisals.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.