The Corporate Tax Manager will assist the local Finance team, Corporate Tax Compliance and the Tax Planning team, working on a portfolio of the Group's companies.
* Working in a team of c10 dealing with tax related matters.
* Preparation and review of corporate tax computations.
* Support on wider compliance areas to potentially include bank levy, branch capital, R&D claims, CFCs and any other relevant areas.
* Monthly tax provisioning.
* Preparation and review of tax numbers for statutory accounts.
* Calculation of tax payments as well as the management of tax balances with the Revenue.
* Liaising with International teams to regularly monitor the local tax accruals and tax attributes.
* Working closely with US teams on various tax related matters that impact the Group's UK companies.
* Preparation of responses to HMRC queries regarding tax issues.
* Liaising with the UK Finance team and US tax department as required.
* Supporting the UK Head of tax with tax legislative developments and planning where necessary.
* Working closely with the EMEA tax team.
* International travel may be required - EMEA.
* Opportunity to work in a complex environment that will develop your technical skills.
* Contact with a number of high level professional within the organisation, both domestically and internationally.
* Strong overall understanding of the UK tax compliance process.
* Good overall understanding of the Finance functions for one of the largest bank's worldwide.
* UK Accounting or UK tax qualification required.
* Knowledge and experience of corporation tax compliance and computation preparation and review.
* Demonstrate experience of applying both UK general accounting and UK tax accounting concepts to day to day work.
* Financial Services experience would be an advantage but not a necessity.
* Demonstrate experience of working as part of a team to achieve team goals.
* Self-motivated, demonstrating initiative and a pro-active approach.
* Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
* Analytic skills, inquisitive and willing to ask probing questions in order to derive financial data and understand transactions in order to perform the role.
* High energy level with ability to work well under pressure on multiple priorities and to critical deadlines.
* Good working knowledge of Excel.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.