Qubic is a national group of tax and estate specialists, with offices in London and Newcastle upon Tyne, which provide tax and estate planning advice to a range of clients across the UK.
Our Group does not provide compliance, audit or general accountancy work which allows us to partner with existing advisors, particularly on transactional based assignments. Our focus is on specialised tax advice and structuring, tax investigation & dispute resolution, with an array of trustee services.
Qubic’s success is the result of an excellent team of experienced, highly motivated and dedicated individuals. We employ a range of qualified experts and our staff are recognised by a number of professional bodies including the ICAEW, the CIOT, the ACCA and STEP. As we also employ solicitors, tax advisers and trust and estate practitioners our other entities provide various specialist services to complement the services of existing advisers.
We are recruiting Tax Associates in who will work as part of a larger tax advisory team and be responsible for the delivery of our tailored tax solutions to their own portfolio of clients (corporates and private high net worth individuals) and both maintaining and developing these client (and associated adviser) relationships.
As a Tax Associate your role will include:
• Maintaining and being responsible for your own portfolio of clients in respect of which the firm is engaged to provide tax advisory assistance and as part of the wider tax advisory team
• Working directly with both Directors and Associate Directors of the firm to deliver the diverse and innovative range of tax solutions that we can offer to clients and their advisers
• Developing and growing professional relationships with both clients and advisers across the UK through effective and efficient account management
• Being given the opportunity to develop your skill set (both technically and commercially) to ensure successful career development
It is anticipated that you will be seeking a role in which they can build upon your existing experience gained in a recent tax or accountancy role and be able to demonstrate:
• Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
• The ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external contacts
• The ability to understand and relay complex technical concepts
• The ability to show initiative and highlight issues as they arise
• The ability to work both as part of a team and independently
• Self-motivation and a strong personal drive to succeed
• The ability to deliver excellent client service
• A strong academic background