Are you ACA/CTA qualified with experience managing a portfolio of multinational and large OMB corporate clients? Our client are currently looking for a Corporate Tax Manager based in their Stoke-On-Trent office, you will be tasked with a variety of advisory projects and technical assignments.
In addition, you will have an active role in business development opportunities, proposals and networking events, making a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the office and firm.
For the right candidate this role could lead to PARTNERSHIP!!
* Liaising with the client throughout the year, practising the principles of excellent client service at all times
* Ensuring that the clients' tax affairs comply with statutory requirements
* Resolving queries on tax accounting and disclosure for statutory accounts purposes
* Identifying and advising on tax planning opportunities
* Undertaking specialist technical assignments as required
* Managing the assignment in accordance with the firm's standard procedures, ensuring the work meets targeted recovery, and to bill clients on a timely basis
* Actively liaising with all other departments to ensure that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly
* Taking an active role in the development of junior staff members, including supervising and controlling the completion of their work, and undertaking "on the job" training when required.
* This will include giving feedback and performing appraisals where necessary
* Being actively involved in the office business development activities, taking an active part in client seminars, assisting in the preparation of proposals for new work, and taking part in formal presentations to prospective clients
* Maintaining an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and fulfil professional bodies' CPD requirements
* Developing a detailed knowledge of the firm's specialist services and adhere to the Firm's quality standard
* Carrying out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner / Director
* Ability to build strong client relationships
* Excellent client service skills
* Strong communication skills
* Strong tax technical skills
* Good knowledge of IFRS and UK GAA
* Experience of working in a top tier accountancy firm
* Proven managerial skills including the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with Finance Directors and teams
* ACA / CTA (or equivalent) qualified
* Ability to develop more junior staff