The successful candidate will be a member of the London Employment Tax Team, responsible for assisting Partner/Principal/Director in servicing clients, directing employment tax services and managing people within the London Employment Tax Team.
The majority of our work is advisory; the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and/or review of work, making deep technical expertise a must.
A significant part of the role will be business development of existing and new clients as well as potentially developing a specialist field of technical and/or sector knowledge and expertise. The ability to self-motivate and the desire to make a difference by helping to build and shape the business are therefore paramount.
* Major point of contact within the firm for the client. This will include responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
* Manage and build a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the Firm's criteria.
* significant and regular hands on involvement complex employment tax issues in conjunction with one of Partner/Principal/Director depending on the project.
* Responsible for the review and delivery of the final advice to clients, subject to sign off from Partner where applicable.
* Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principal/Director whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
* Will work as part of the London Employment Tax management team and provide support to the rest of the London Tax Group as needed.
* Ensure that risk management and quality control are central for all projects, leading by example.
* Strong financial management is key and the candidate will need to be prepared to take personal responsibility for delivering to key performance indicators.
* Staff development and providing training to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing quality feedback is important.
* Deep employment tax specialist knowledge with the ability to deal with complex employment taxes issues. Note that this role will not suit an expatriate tax specialist.
* Experienced manager of staff.
* Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably.
* Actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients.
* Experience of dealing with client senior management.
* Educated to degree level and/or ATT and/or CTA qualified or equivalent.