Are you interested in joining one of the fastest-growing tax teams in East Anglia?
Owing to an ongoing period of growth and success, we're currently looking for an experienced Manager for the Employment Tax team of a Big 4 firm in their Cambridge or Norwich office, working on a mixed portfolio of clients but primarily covering high-growth life sciences, biotech and technology businesses. The firm owes many of its recent client wins to its willingness to invest in and embrace new technology, and those looking to work in a more tech-forward and innovative Tax environment will not be disappointed here.
The successful candidate will be assigned to a portfolio of existing clients, with plenty of work to run at from the start, but will be expected to take an active involvement in helping the business to develop and win new business.
Progression opportunities are unrivalled for the right candidate, with scope to move to Senior Manager as the practice continues to grow. We are also able to consider candidates currently working at the Assistant Manager level looking to move up into the role.
On the perks side, you'll benefit from a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package, including private medical care and health insurance, Enhanced Pay up to 18 weeks for new parents, free lunches and your birthday off - plus a whole host of flexible benefits including the ability to buy up to 10 days of additional holiday (in addition to 25 days leave plus bank/public holidays and your birthday), season ticket loans, and childcare vouchers, among other things. Managers are also eligible for a yearly car/cash allowance equivalent to £4,500.
Flexible working is not only a benefit but the norm here, with agile starts and finishes as the standard, plus office-wide early finishes on Fridays in the Summer. Above all else, this is a firm renowned for its inclusive and friendly culture; if working in a supportive environment with a dynamic Partner/Director group that will encourage and empower you sounds like a good idea, then this could be for you.
Key responsibilities will include:
● Managing work covering a range of employment advisory projects, from larger strategic projects through to risk and opportunity reviews.
● Managing employer compliance activities relating to employment status decisions, PAYE health checks, SAO certifications, 'Know Your Customer' reviews, voluntary disclosures, PAYE Settlement Agreements, National Minimum Wage and CIS compliance.
● Taking responsibility for winning, managing and delivering work.
● Project management.
● Developing and maintaining client relationships and involvement in business development activities.
All we need from you is:
● An ATT / CTA / ACA qualification, or qualified by experience i.e. with HMRC.
● A minimum of 5 years experience working in UK employment tax, at least 2 of which has been spent at the Assistant Manager level.
Please note that we cannot consider applicants without UK tax experience.
For more information, apply now or contact Joe McWilliam at Wilkinson Partners.