Thank you for considering Vertex Inc, and we are excited about the opportunity to learn more about you, and help you define your potential contributions at Vertex! Our goal is to find new team members that work to help our clients unleash the strategic potential of Corporate Tax worldwide.
Vertex is considered a premier partner to Oracle, SAP, and works closely with the Big 4 and other leading software providers, as well as tax and accounting firms to provide the most integrated enterprise tax technology solutions available today to the most recognized brands of the world! We have enjoyed workplace and business recognition's including Philly.com’s Top Places to Work for three years in a row, Working Mother 100 Best Companies, and SmartCEO's Philadelphia Corporate Culture Award.
The Sales Engineer will support pre-sales activities, develop client solutions and help to translate requirements to development team and facilitate the transition to the implementation team. The Sales Engineer must have German speaking and writing skills and must have functional knowledge of tax software, ERP systems, SAP preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Must be a fluent German speaker - both verbal and written
Experience operating in a team-selling environment preferred
Preferred knowledge of VAT Compliance
Knowledge of e-commerce to ERP
Preferred knowledge of REST/SOAP Web-services
Preferred knowledge of Statutory Accounting Processes and data needs.
Working knowledge of major ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft) is required
Experience working with clients and partners to understand and build requirements.
Experience developing client solutions to address business requirements.
Ability to manage projects and make decisions across multiple opportunities and/or priorities.
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with Account Executives.
Strong presentation skills for external presentations to various sized audiences.
Must be able to multi task by working with various Account Executives across various opportunities..
Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages is required.
Ability to manage job-related and personal stress effectively.
Must manage time and priorities effectively by completing tasks in a timely manner.
Sufficient knowledge of business communications, including telephone, voicemail, and e-mail, and operations of office machines, such as photocopier, scanner, and fax.
Willingness to work overtime, holidays, and weekends based on business need.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree level education
• Must be a fluent German speaker
• Accounting or Taxation qualification preferred
• 5+ years experience with business systems, corporate tax experience preferred.
REQUIRED FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
• Builds Relationships: Fosters open dialogue and obtains shared commitment to proposals; shared ideas and information to promote mutual understanding, respect, and effective decision-making.
• Drives for Results: Acts to create opportunities for Vertex or to avoid future problems; has the courage to act with incomplete information rather than simply thinking about it; maintains a focused commitment to achieving enterprise objectives.
• Knows the Business: Understands and applies knowledge of Vertex’s business and processes to accomplish goals.
• Anticipates Customer Needs (internal and external): Establishes and maintains productive relationships with customers and partners, anticipating their needs.
• Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current and future need